Frequent Asked Questions (FAQs) for Child/Senior Care Provider Applicants
What are the Benefits of Using a We Help Nanny Agency?
- No charge to candidates (Nannies)
- Choice of positions in chosen area
- Introduction to families
- Advice on conditions of employment e.g. holidays, duties, sickness, contracts & salaries
- Advice on interview techniques
- On-going support during employment
How do I register?
- Call our office or fill in the online application
- Send your resume into the agency and speak to one of the consultants over the phone.
- Invitation to come to office for a registration interview.
What do I need to bring to my Registration Interview?
- Up-to-date resume, plus completed application (these will be emailed to you prior to interview)
- 2 pieces of ID (one photo ID)
- Childcare and First Aid Qualification Certificates ( can be obtained after interview )
- Current minimum two reference letters
- A copy of a current clear criminal record check ( can be obtained after interview )
- A copy of your driving record ( if you drive )
- Proof of work eligibility
What Happens Next?
After an interview with We Help Nanny & Cleaning Services, we then contact your referees for verification of their written references. When we have spoken to your referees we will then call you to go through our current jobs. A brief profile will be prepared by us with be sent to positions you are interested in. You can also keep an eye on the website and call the office to gain more information on any roles that are of interest. (when calling us about jobs please quote the job code given on the situations vacant pages).
Who will organize the interview between the nanny and the family?
We will make the arrangement and please advise We Help Nanny & Cleaning when your interviews are if the families contact you to arrange an interview with you themselves.
What happens after a family interview?
The family will contact us to provide feedback from your interview. We also ask that you call the next day to let us know how you feel the interview went and your interest in the position. Offer and acceptance may be made either at interview, or after discussion with We Help Nanny & Cleaning Services!
Should I keep in contact with the agency?
During the time you are looking for a new position we would ask you to keep in close contact with us so that we can monitor your progress and inform you of appropriate new positions as they come in.
What will happen if I am unsuccessful at my first interview?
We will continue to tell you about new positions and send your brief resume to potential employers until you have advised us that you have secured a suitable new position.
Are you registered with WorkSafe BC?
Yes, We Help Nanny & Cleaning is registered and in a good standing with WorkSafe BC.
To get a clearance Letter, please go to this link.